If you are seeking alternative sources of absolute return, you may be considering moving beyond traditional equities and bonds to alternative and illiquid investment strategies. These asset classes often involve high degrees of complexity, illiquidity, and lack of transparency. We can help.
An OCIO with a sophisticated approach to alternative investing
Not all OCIOs can have the capabilities, resources or experience needed to properly manage and report on alternative investments. Our alternative investment team has been researching and investing in alternative asset classes for 20+ years. We provide a suite of alternative investment products, portfolio modeling, integrated reporting, and audit support. Our investment research and expertise covers:
- Private markets: Private equity, including specialist secondary market strategies, venture capital, private debt, and infrastructure-specific strategies
- Property and real estate: Core real estate; value-added and opportunistic; real assets, including timber, farmland, and social housing; secured leases; ground rents global, and regional strategies
- Hedge Funds: Equity hedge, relative value, macro, and event-driven strategies
We believe having dedicated, focused, experienced investment professionals allows us to identify, analyze, and oversee alternative investment managers more effectively than a generalized approach. Our team helps ensure that you have access to the best opportunities in all types of alternative investments. We monitor the allocation to meet your specific return and risk profile and liquidity needs. We can also fully incorporate existing/legacy alternative investments into the new portfolio and fully report those funds within your portfolio reporting.
Technology and asset management services for alternative investments
We help institutional investors with internal investment operations, providing operational and due diligence support to help reduce risk and save time. We assist with:
- Reconciling portfolio data for public and alternative investments
- Consolidating performance reporting
- Risk management across the portfolio
- Manager research and monitoring services
Why should institutional investors choose SEI for alternative investing?
- Experience and scale: Two decades of experience advising on alternatives and billions invested in alternatives for institutional clients.
- Dedicated team of specialists: Over a dozen alternative specialists with the SEI research team, senior portfolio managers with industry tenure, and dedicated professionals for operational due diligence and risk management.
- Implementation and transparency: Proprietary fund of funds, direct funds, and/or legacy third party strategies available with complete transparency.
Investment office checkup
Are you bringing unnecessary risk and inefficiency to your internal investment program? These 10 questions can help you see how your organization stacks up.Get the questions
Information as of 12/31/22.
OCIO services provided by SEI Investments Management Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of SEI Investments Company (SEI). Technology and asset management services provided by SEI through its subsidiaries and affiliates. Alternative investments are subject to a complete loss of capital and are only appropriate for parties who can bear that risk and the illiquid nature of such investments. Alternative investments: often engage in leveraging and other speculative investment practices that may increase the risk of investment loss, can be highly illiquid, are not required to provide periodic pricing or valuation information to investors, involve complex tax structures and delays in distributing important tax information, are not subject to the same regulatory requirements as mutual funds; and often charge high fees.