Investors crave personalization and control. We can help you deliver both.
Available to those who use our trust accounting services, our managed account solutions can provide you with turnkey access to our best-in-class manager research, a single portal for administration and client support, portfolio management, and tax management options.
SEI’s manager selection process is rigorous, disciplined, and differentiated. We select specialist asset managers, each skilled in different disciplines, from hundreds of managers with different structures and diverse investment approaches.
Why invest in SEI Managed Account Solutions?
- Manage, select, monitor, and make recommendations for manager replacement
- Provide continuous oversight on multiple levels
- Offer client-focused, tax-efficient portfolio management
- Prepare predefined social, ESG and/or custom screens
- Leverage economies of scale by using many of the same managers used by SEI Mutual Funds
- Maintain low investment minimums and competitive pricing
- Support back-office operations
- Offer consolidated reporting, including pre-tax and after-tax performance reporting
- Eliminate confirms or proxies for individual equity or bond positions
Two distinct ways to invest in SEI Managed Account Solution
Our two distinct implementations provide access to a carefully selected group of specialist money managers ― each skilled in a specific investment discipline.
|Managed Accounts||Managed Accounts with Tax Management|
|Multiple accounts per client||Equity securities held in one portfolio|
|No coordination among managers||Automatic rebalancing of equities|
|Best for clients interested in seeing holdings, activity
and performance separated by manager
|Comprehensive tax management|
|Tax coordination at the tax lot level|
|Account minimum vs. manager minimum|
Investment styles and managers
Choose from a diverse set of style-specific equity managers such as Large Cap, Small Cap, Midcap, International (Developed and Emerging) and Managed Volatility. Both programs can also be supplemented with our ETF strategies and select fixed-income managers
You may also complement our solution with your own selection of managers, mutual funds or ETFs to fully execute your best thinking for your client.
Benefits to you and your clients
Reduced business risk
- SEI has investment discretion on most equity trading
- Guided open architecture with customization
- Lower investment minimum than investing directly with the manager
- Designed for tax-efficient transition of securities
SEI as investment manager to the firm
- Asset managers hired by SEI as sub-advisor
- Your firm is the advisor to the client
Consistent investment process across all investment vehicles
- Risk management
- Automatic quarterly rebalancing
Enhanced tax management in the overlay manager option
- Coordination of buys and sells
- Integrated loss harvesting
- Intelligent tax-lot-to-sell analysis
An active, rules-based approach to factor investing with the flexibility to adjust portfolio allocations as the market environment evolves.
Our solution to tax drag
Many investors don’t realize how consequential taxes can be to their long term goals.Learn more
Information provided by SEI Investments Management Corporation (SEI), a wholly owned subsidiary of SEI Investments Company (SEIC)
Investing involves risk, including possible loss of principal. Diversification may not protect against market risk. For those portfolios of individually managed securities, SEI makes recommendations as to which manager will manage each asset class. SEI may recommend the termination or replacement of a money manager and the investor has the option to move the account assets to another custodian or to change the manager as recommended. SEI is a wholly owned subsidiary of SEIC.
The program’s socially responsible investing (SRI) Guidelines may cause the manager to make or avoid certain investment decisions when it may be disadvantageous to do so. This means that accounts held in the program may underperform other similar investments that do not consider the SRI Guidelines when making investment decisions.
Neither SEI nor its affiliates provide tax advice. Please note that (i) any discussion of U.S. tax matters contained in this communication cannot be used by you for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties; (ii) this communication was written to support the promotion or marketing of the matters addressed herein; and (iii) you should seek advice based on your particular circumstances from an independent tax advisor.
Please see SEI’s Form ADV Part 2A (or the appropriate wrap brochure) for a full disclosure of the fee schedule.