PHILADELPHIA and OAKS, Pa. – Nov. 14, 2023 – The Phillies and SEI®, a leading global provider of technology and investment solutions and Official Partner of the Philadelphia Phillies, are continuing their commitment to affect positive change in the community by teaming up to host a fun-filled Season of Giving initiative from Nov. 14 until Dec. 14. The holiday campaign was created to bring holiday cheer, as well as give thanks and recognize various local non-profit organizations and community heroes who are making a difference in the region.
Charitable groups that will be part of the Phillies Season of Giving presented by SEI will include Hope Lodge, Strawberry Mansion Learning Center, Philabundance, Ford Police Athletic League (PAL) Center, The Bethesda Project’s Our Brother’s Place, and the Jefferson Moss Magee Rehabilitation Hospital – Center City.
For more information on the Phillies in the community, please visit phillies.com/community.
Phillies Holiday Season of Giving presented by SEI
- Tuesday, Nov. 14, 5:30 p.m.: Warm Meals and Holiday Cheer to be Served to Cancer Patients at Hope Lodge. The Phillies and SEI will kick off their holiday festivities by hosting a special Thanksgiving Dinner for residents at Hope Lodge, which provides a free home away from home for cancer patients and their caregivers. 1993 National League champions Mickey Morandini and Milt Thompson, along with the Phanatic, Phillies Ballgirls and Phillies front-office staff, will decorate the dining hall with a Phillies and Thanksgiving theme, as well as prepare and serve meals to patients.
- Thursday, Nov. 16, 3 p.m.: Phillies and Chevrolet to Deliver a Major League Surprise to Strawberry Mansion Learning Center in Philadelphia. This will be a very special event as the Phillies and Chevrolet present a much-needed passenger van to the Strawberry Mansion Learning Center, a newly-renovated safe haven that provides free after-school and summer programming for children in the Strawberry Mansion section of Philadelphia. Participating will be Strawberry Mansion Learning Center founder Kevin Upshur, as well as Phillies’ manager Rob Thomson, broadcaster Scott Franzke, Morandini, Thompson, Phillies Executive Vice President Dave Buck, the Phanatic and Phillies Ballgirls, as well as children from the center. The new passenger van was provided with funding from a $35,000 Phillies Charities, Inc. grant and $15,000 MLB grant as part of its Fall Classic initiative.
- Friday, Nov. 24, 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.: Mystery Grab Bags, Featuring Autographed Items to Benefit Phillies Charities at Phillies Red Friday, New Era Phillies Team Store at Citizens Bank Park. Fans can purchase mystery grab bags, featuring two signed items and a Phillies giveaway, all to benefit charity (while supplies last). Each grab bag costs $50, with potential autographs from Phillies players from the past 10 seasons. The event is part of the team’s annual Red Friday holiday shopping event.
- Tuesday, Dec. 5, 12:45 p.m.: Phillies and SEI Employees to Support Hunger Relief Efforts at Philabundance. Front-office employees from the Phillies and SEI will be joining Philabundance’s efforts to drive hunger from the community, where they will sort food at Philabundance to be donated to those in need. The event is also part of Phillies Give Back, a monthly employee volunteer program in which members of the Phillies family donate their time to local non-profits. Philabundance serves over 135,000 people each week—a number that continues to grow.
- Thursday, Dec. 7, 5 p.m.: Phanta Claus and Phillies Special Guests to Deliver Toys at Ford PAL Center Holiday Party. Hundreds of toys will be delivered to children at the Ford PAL Center in South Philadelphia, thanks to the center’s PAL officers, with help from Phanta Claus, Morandini, Thompson, Phillies Ambassador Scott Palmer and the Phillies Ballgirls! Many of the toys were donated by fans during the team’s Christmas in July Toy Drive held earlier this season at Citizens Bank Park.
- Friday, Dec. 8, 6 p.m.: Phillies Ballgirls Host Ultimate Holiday Party for Families Whose Children are Undergoing Treatment. The Phillies Ballgirls, along with the Phanatic, Thompson, Morandini and the Phillies community outreach staff, will host the ultimate holiday party at Citizens Bank Park for 10 families whose children are currently undergoing treatment, or have recently concluded treatment, for illnesses. The families will be treated to an all-access tour of the ballpark, games throughout the night including a baseball-themed scavenger hunt, and a holiday movie night in the Phillies clubhouse!
- Monday, Dec. 11, 12 p.m.: Long-time Holiday Tradition Continues! Phillies Family to Host a Holiday Dinner at The Bethesda Project’s Our Brother’s Place. The Phillies will continue a 24-year holiday tradition at one of the largest homeless shelters in Philadelphia, when guests sheltering at Bethesda Project’s Our Brother’s Place will be served a home-cooked holiday dinner by the Phillies family, with food donated by The GIANT Company, Hatfield and Liberty Coke, as well as receive personal care packages from SEI. All the holiday meals will be donated and prepared by Phillies front-office volunteers, with special guests (to be announced) as celebrity servers.
- Thursday, Dec. 14, 11 a.m.: Holiday Gift Drop-off at Magee Rehabilitation Hospital. Morandini, Thompson, and members of the Phillies organization will surprise the residents of Jefferson Moss Magee Rehabilitation Hospital – Center City with Phillies gifts to lift their spirits for the holiday season!
SEI (NASDAQ:SEIC) delivers technology and investment solutions that connect the financial services industry. With capabilities across investment processing, operations, and asset management, SEI works with corporations, financial institutions and professionals, and ultra-high-net-worth families to help drive growth, make confident decisions, and protect futures. As of Sept. 30, 2023, SEI manages, advises, or administers approximately $1.3 trillion in assets. For more information, visit seic.com.