Strategies to allow advisers to focus on their clients.
Our Strategic Portfolios can assist advisers in their efforts to build long-term business growth and create a more consistent, scalable and profitable client process. Specifically, in one fund, they deliver a full asset management solution that encompasses asset allocation, manager selection, manager allocation and risk management, allowing advisers to focus on their clients and the achievement of their investment goals.
This suite of funds falls into two groups:
- The Stability-Focused Strategic Portfolios (Defensive, Conservative and Moderate Funds) may be appropriate for investors who have a shorter time horizon or more conservative needs and seek to better manage downside risk (i.e. the risk of loss). Rather than optimise portfolios on risk and return relative to the global markets, we seek a metric of risk that is more absolute in nature. In other words, the funds are constructed with varying potential drawdown targets in mind.
- The Growth-Focused Strategic Portfolios (Core, Balanced, Growth and Aggressive Funds) may be appropriate for investors who want to accumulate assets over the longer term, while tolerating a greater degree of risk than the stability-focused funds. These funds entail a portfolio construction process that places greater emphasis on relative risk, as investors should have longer time horizons within which to benefit from the potential return premiums that may be available in global equity and fixed income markets.
A closer look
Our Strategic Portfolios are constructed using our asset class funds (Building Blocks), as well as third party funds and manager pools. Each Building Block is managed by expert managers that are selected and continuously monitored by our investment committee.
The combination of Building Blocks in our Strategic Portfolios results in a highly diversified, institutional quality investment solution, comprising multiple funds and thousands of underlying investment holdings. The Building Blocks are made available to your clients via our Strategic Portfolios.
Strategic Portfolios help you and your clients to take an objective investment approach with the aim of maximising returns, limiting volatility and managing investment risk as well as offering the following benefits:
- Unique goals-based approach. Our approach means that success is measured against a range of investor goals and not against benchmarks alone. By focusing on achieving personal goals, investors are less prone to making irrational investment decisions that hinder their long-term performance.
- High level of diversification. The asset allocation of each portfolio is designed to be well-diversified across up to six asset classes — equity, fixed income, inflation-sensitive, income, liquidity and absolute returns.
- Access to some of the world's best managers. Our team of approximately 100 analysts located worldwide select some of the best from the entire universe of investment products, including institutional and boutique managers not usually available to the retail market.
- Continuous portfolio management. Our analysts continuously monitor each manager’s philosophy, process, people and performance. SEI’s sophisticated technology enables us to monitor the portfolio holdings and trades to ensure that the portfolios are aligned with the overall strategy.
- Aligned to investor risk profiles. Designed to cover a spectrum of investor risk profiles, the portfolios can be mapped to some of the market-leading risk profiling tools.
For more information, please download:
UK Strategic Portfolios
Global Strategic Portfolios
European Strategic Portfolios
White-labelled Strategic Portfolios
Want to structure, launch and manage your own version of our Strategic Portfolios?
Our White-labelled Strategic Portfolios offer the same complete solution, including asset allocation, manager selection, manager allocation and risk management while promoting your own brand.
Investment philosophy and process
See the investment philosophy and process behind our strategic portfolios.