We’re deeply committed to helping our clients achieve their sustainable goals.
Investors are increasingly considering how environmental, social, and governance (ESG) issues affect their investments, and how their investments can drive a positive impact.
We’re proud to be a PRI Signatory to the United Nations Principles for Responsible Investment (UN PRI), and we aspire to implement the six principles for responsible investment as we carry out our fiduciary duty for clients.
We approach sustainable investing through three distinct lenses:
Sustainability in manager research
For more than three decades, manager research has been the foundation of our investment management philosophy, and today, it underpins our sustainable investing capabilities.
Our approach to ESG research provides an in-depth analysis of each of our managers based on three broad sets of factors: profile, resources, and practices.
Sustainable investing solutions
We aim to bring dedicated sustainable investing solutions to our clients through mutual funds and customized solutions.
We have a 20-year track record providing custom screening solutions to clients through separate accounts, enabling them to align their portfolios with their values by excluding investments in certain sectors or business practices.
Today, we manage multiple values-aligned funds, and our manager research team has identified opportunities for clients focused on ESG integration and thematic and impact investing.
We use our voice—and our vote—to influence organizations to act in the best interests of our clients, including considering ESG issues in shareholder engagement and proxy voting.
By participating in collaborative engagement activities in partnership with other asset managers and asset owners, we aim to amplify our own voice as a shareholder. Our engagement activity focuses on global norms and standards, as well as sustainability themes shaping the future of the global economy.
We’re members of Climate Action 100+, an investor-led initiative to engage companies whose businesses and operations have an opportunity to mitigate climate change and support the transition to a low-carbon economy.
Our ESG statement
We believe that our business should be conducted in a manner that achieves sustainable growth and demonstrates a commitment to corporate social responsibility (CSR). We expect all employees to act responsibly, ethically, and with integrity in our dealings with each other, our customers, and the community as a whole.
Our employees will follow these guidelines to the best of our ability:
- Comply with all applicable laws and regulations
- Adhere to the highest standards of conduct in all of our business practices
- Conduct our business dealings to the highest standard of honesty, integrity, fairness and respect
- Invest in a diverse workforce, provide a supportive work environment and take reasonable and practical steps to protect the health and well-being of our workforce
- Collaborate with our clients and endeavor to accommodate their environmental, social and governance (ESG) initiatives and policies
- Consider ESG factors in our due diligence of business partners, both our investment sub-advisers and vendors
- Integrate consideration of ESG factors into our investment decision-making process
- Engage in constructive dialogue, as appropriate, on ESG issues with companies whose securities are prominently held within the SEI Funds
- Empower a Sustainable Investment Committee to coordinate and promote our sustainability efforts across our company
- Support the local communities in which we operate by acting responsibly and ethically, and by encouraging our workforce to participate in local charitable and volunteer activities
- Promote this policy, other ESG-related information and internal ESG and CSR initiatives to our employee base
- Report our progress on ESG initiatives annually to the UN PRI
- Evaluate implementation of our ESG initiatives as an evolving initiative