That’s why more and more investors are embracing the OCIO investment outsourcing model.
But not all OCIOs are alike.
Industry growth has attracted many new providers and startups. It's important that an OCIO has the experience, infrastructure, and people to guide you through challenging times, and to implement new ideas to help your portfolio evolve. You also get a significant advantage with an OCIO who supports your team through value-add services like operational support, education, fundraising, and marketing.
The right OCIO
Our experience prepares us. We welcomed our first OCIO client in 1992, and they’re still with us today. Over the years, we’ve guided our clients through many market environments, and we are set up to navigate challenging times.
We continue to find ways to take our OCIO program to the next level. We keep enhancing our solution and delivering additional services that OCIO clients truly value in their providers.
Our OCIO fundamentals
- Investment portfolio management - 100+ investment professionals dedicated to finding the best managers and asset classes for your well-diversified portfolios.
- Strategic advice - Data, technology, and transparency to support your team for better decision-making.
- Organization and operational support - Integrated reporting, custom video recordings, donor/participant education and marketing support.
What do our clients say?
When it comes to client service, the extra mile is our standard. We’ve been committed to total customization for 25 years.
What makes SEI's OCIO stand out
- Leading institutional managers - Our exacting, step-by-step process helps us find what we believe to be the best managers for each asset class. We identify areas of opportunity, inefficiency and diversified sources of return, helping to bring you maximum diversification with complete transparency.
- Proactive advice and nimble decision-making - Advanced technology lets you test the potential outcome of investment decisions. Execute changes quickly and efficiently to help capture market opportunities.
- Advanced risk monitoring - Advanced research tools and technology let us closely monitor portfolio risk and model outcomes of various portfolios decisions—before you even make them, to help you understand and potentially avoid risk.
- Alternative and SRI/ESG programs - Our buying power, industry reputation, and network of relationships allows for access to some of the most talented specialist managers, at potentially very favorable fees. Couple that with our in-house implementation and monitoring for highly desired sustainable and private asset offerings.
- Ongoing education - An educated investment committee and staff make better overall decisions. That’s why, in addition to our ongoing client communications, we host educational conferences and webinars, bringing you specialty experts and resources, as often as you like.
- Flexibility - You want control of your governance structure, your managers, the investment vehicles, and the level of discretion your OCIO provides. Our services are offered on a continuum from full service, to support for your internal investment team through technologies and portfolio analytics.
- Support beyond investments - We can provide more services, including custody and operational support, governance training, and audit and actuarial support.
The best part? We understand your organization. We look for investment opportunities that make sense for you, while quantifying risks across your entire portfolio.
Investigating your options?
Helpful resources and tools for a smooth review process.
Q&A: the OCIO search process
An inside look from an Investment Committee Chair
An OCIO search experience
An executive's perspective to a smooth OCIO search process
Ready for the next step?
Build your custom RFP with targeted questions. Develop your own request for proposal with topics that matter most to your organization.
Our people make all the difference. We’re committed to building strong partnerships, every day.
Want to talk with one of our professionals?
*Data as of 3/31/22. Information provided by SEI Investments Canada Company, is the investment fund manager and portfolio manager of the SEI funds in Canada, a wholly owned subsidiary of SEI Investments Company. There are risks involved with investing, including loss of principal.