Charities strive to grow over the long term, maintain capital protection, or fund specific short- to medium-term projects. To accomplish these goals, you need to navigate the many complexities associated with investing your endowment:
- More demands, less public spending. Demands are likely to rise over the next decade, especially with public spending expected to fall. And with growing complexity and volatility in the financial markets, the need to balance long-term growth with short-term liquidity needs is a significant challenge.
- Fewer resources, less time. The increase in demands is often not met with an increase in resources to match them, so investment strategy can slip down the agenda when time is limited. Multifaceted investment markets can make it harder for trustees to monitor or change the managers involved in the endowment, whilst meeting the strategic requirements necessary to effectively navigate volatility.
- Difficulty meeting spending targets. Balancing risk and return is likely to be one of your key concerns.
We take the time to understand your unique needs, which then allows us to focus on:
- Aligning your assets with organisational spending and liquidity needs
- Improving stability and predictability through active diversification and portfolio modelling
- Addressing the issues that impact your programme’s long-term mission
- Monitoring your progress and making/recommending changes as needed
By giving trustees a thorough understanding of how your portfolio would cope under stress in times of market uncertainty, you’ll gain increased confidence in your path to your investment goals. And with the help of our dedicated advice team, you will be able to make proactive, nimble decisions for your scheme.
*As at 31 March 2022.
OCIO for charities
We help charitable endowments like you achieve long-term goals.
This webpage is provided by SEI Investments (Europe) Ltd (""SIEL""). SIEL is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Financial Services Register Firm Reference Number (FRN) 191713. Registered office; 1st Floor, Alphabeta, 14-18 Finsbury Square, London EC2A 1BR. Registered in England and Wales – company number 03765319. This webpage is only for the intended recipient and should not be distributed further. While considerable care has been taken to ensure the information contained within this webpage is accurate and up-to date and complies with relevant legislation and regulations, no warranty is given and no representation is made as to the accuracy or completeness of any information and no liability is accepted for any errors or omissions in such information or any action taken on the basis of this information. The views and opinions in this webpage are of SEI only and are subject to change. They should not be construed as investment advice.