Connect with SEI
Defined Contribution Plans
Help secure retirement for defined contribution (DC) participants
Increasing reliance on defined contribution (DC) plans coupled with limited participant expertise and volatile financial markets all highlight the need for a well executed DC strategy. The DC plan is important and sponsors like you seek new ways to improve participant success, while navigating regulatory compliance and avoiding litigation. The industry-recognized 2013 P&I Defined Contribution West Coast Conference covers important topics to help address these challenges while interacting with your peers and industry experts.
Our DC plan management approach can reduce your administrative burden and simplify the management of your plan so you can:
- Make faster, more informed recommendations for enhancements to the plan and overall organization
- Help your employees make better decisions
Whether your plan is the primary retirement vehicle for employees or part of a comprehensive program, you need to understand the challenges and opportunities associated with these plans and engage experienced partners to help navigate them.
By engaging SEI as a Fiduciary Manager to your DC plan, you can outsource the selection of investment managers to SEI, who accepts accountability for investment management and will serve as an ERISA 3(38) fiduciary. This helps alleviate risk for investment committee members and provides participants with world-class institutionally-managed investment solutions.
As the largest fiduciary manager, we have a 20-plus year track record delivering institutional asset management solutions. SEI was recently ranked by Pensions & Investments as the largest outsourcer with the highest number of investment outsourcing clients across the globe.
Building a custom strategy
By understanding your objectives for the DC Plan and the experience level of your employee population, we’ll work with you to develop the appropriate investment strategy. As part of our analysis we will:
- Review your existing investment program
- Review participant behavior and experience
- Quantify sponsor objectives for the plan
- Discuss industry best practices
- Identify a plan offering that is informed by sponsor and participant objectives
Using our time-tested investment process for researching and identifying institutional investment managers, we build portfolios that are designed to deliver consistent performance in a risk-managed framework. Our portfolios reflect our point-of-view on the markets and economy to capture opportunities over the short and long term. In addition to offering multi-manager core strategy funds, we leverage our defined benefit heritage to create target date and goal-oriented asset allocation strategies.
We take on manager selection, hiring, oversight, and firing within our funds and are often able to seamlessly perform manager replacements with no blackout periods or participant notices.
- A full investment menu through an experienced fiduciary manager serving as a 3(38) fiduciary
- Custom Target Date advice, implementation and management
- Simplified manager or managers investment options
- Participant education on investment menu options
- Ability to customize combined passive and active management offerings
- Access to institutional grade alternative investment and real estate offerings
- DC investment consulting
Are you ready for more efficient plan management to help ensure sufficient growth of retirement savings? SEI's recently appointed Scott Brooks brings nearly 25 years of investment experience to our defined contribution offering to help plan sponsors navigate the complex regulatory landscape. Learn more about how Scott and our flexible approach can help your plan achieve it's goals.