Areas of Expertise
Our innovative thinking and creative middle office solutions provide managers with more than just the required data needed to run their investment products successfully. Through our proprietary and best of breed third party tools and systems, along with our team of experts, we strive to deliver the information and insight necessary to allow you to better manage your business as an ongoing profitable enterprise. We'll help you:
As your strategic partner, we enable you to better:
- Monitor and evaluate portfolio management decisions
- Reduce the risk of making critical business decisions on stale, incomplete or corrupt data
- Safeguard and archive information and communication
- Lower trade and liquidity risk
- Reduce manual, error-prone work
How do we do it?
- Independent oversight and management of operational, counterparty and other risks.
- Crisp analytics that facilitate business-wide decision-making. Data management is at the core of everything we do. Using our Manager Dashboard, you have access to roles-based views to immediately find the information you need. This can help highlight areas that need further scrutiny, act on emerging trends and crystallize your trading decisions.
- Straight through processing and daily automated reconciliations for T+0 trade matching and communication in an effort to identify discrepancies before problems arise.
- A robust, consistent, and transparent daily collateral management process that actively manages exposure levels, asset utilization and counterparty risk.
- An extended information chain that reaches to your clients and investors. You can provide more and deeper information, allowing clients and investors to see the inner workings – as well as the net results – of their investments.
- Eliminate large investments in technology
- Broaden your investment capabilities and introduce new products more rapidly
- Expand beyond your current operational comfort zone
- Leverage tools created for other organizations similar to yours
How do we do it?
- Operational outsourcing is our business. Our highly efficient and controlled operating environment can support your current needs, but is flexible and scalable enough to accommodate your future plans.
- Application of operating services, technologies and business and regulatory knowledge. You can leverage our strong technological capabilities, established vendor links, and experienced operational staff/expertise to help you effectively meet the demands of the marketplace.
- Support for complex processing and data requirements. We handle high volumes as well as new and complex security types and portfolio strategies across global markets.
- An established, award-winning, open-architecture technology platform. Our solutions are ready for you to tap into, with easy access to shared data via integrated and customizable outputs.
- Seamless integration of the most appropriate and stable technology for the tasks at hand. We find, integrate, and implement the best technology in the market.
- Become compliant with ever-expanding reporting requirements faster
- Eliminate the burden created by demands for increased and conflict-free transparency
- Remove the responsibility of technology selection, testing, and upgrades
How do we do it?
- We have a middle office team dedicated to understanding your operational needs, and applying process expertise. We get in as deep as you want – we serve as an extension of your existing team, performing middle office functions on your behalf, or as your sole middle office team.
- We’re well-versed in regulatory requirements and client and investor demands. We’ve been doing this a long time – and our diverse client base ensures we continue to evolve and incorporate best practices every step of the way.
- We offer an independent perspective that complements your team. We partner with you to accommodate your requirements, while leveraging best practices.
- Concentrate on asset gathering, portfolio management and your clients’ and investors’ experience
- Move beyond day-to-day operations and focus on the bigger picture
- Cut internal costs where money isn’t generated
How do we do it?
- We focus on what we do best. Middle office isn’t just time consuming – it’s tricky. We pride ourselves in operational best practices and consistency of process, so you don’t have to.
- We have a wealth of resources within SEI. Our experts have the market knowledge to keep us plugged in to industry trends and best practices.
- We are invisible to your clients and investors, yet at the heart of their experience. When you have better risk management and reporting, available in more (and more timely) ways, your clients and investors notice. This view into what you do can give them added confidence. In this way, you can gain a Return on Operations™. And this gives you more reasons – and time – to connect with new clients and investors.