Knowledge Center Archive
2012 SEI Executive Conference Summary
Unprecedented challenges. New perspectives.
Key Insights from the 2012 SEI Executive Conference
Sweeping changes in the global environment and heightened market uncertainty are challenging investors as never before. Some long-held assumptions have been shaken. Familiar paradigms are being questioned while new ones are still taking shape. Volatility in the equity markets, coinciding with a low- or no-interest-rate environment, is putting extreme pressure on investors across the board, particularly those with payout requirements or income constraints. In order to help our investment manager clients better understand the strategic imperatives, critical challenges and major opportunities facing the industry in these turbulent times, SEI gathered premier industry executives, professionals and researchers at our 9th annual SEI Executive Conference with the goal of helping our clients explore key trends and new developments shaping the ultra-competitive investment management industry.
Key Topics Examined:
- State of the Industry: The Institutionalization of Hedge Funds 2.0; Growth in a Time of Uncertainty: The Asset Management Industry in 2015
- How to Win in Institutional Finals Presentations
- Trends in Institutional Hedge Fund Investing
- The Evolving Regulatory Landscape: Dodd-Frank, Volcker Rule, UCITS and more
- Key Insights from Intermediary Gatekeepers: The Gatekeepers' Perspective on Regulated Alternative Products
- Key Insights from Retirement Plan Recordkeepers: The Shifting Retirement Market
For more information about the 2012 SEI Executive Conference and upcoming research and events, please visit the SEI Knowledge Partnership section of the SEI Investment Manager Services website or contact your SEI Relationship Manager.