At SEI, we constantly endeavour to improve the way we conduct our business globally in line with the objectives of the countries in which we operate. It is the responsibility of all organizations in South Africa to support economic transformation and to create equal opportunities in the workplace.
We’re committed to this philosophy and continue to contribute to transformation through the following initiatives:
- Employment Equity: Promoting equal opportunities and fair treatment in our employment process through the elimination of unfair discrimination.
- Skills Development: Committed to improving the skills of our employees through continuous training and development.
- Preferential Procurement: Ensuring that the majority of our procurement is with Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment (BBBEE) suppliers via an informal procurement programme.
- Socio-economic Development: Focusing on education and improving the physical conditions of various underprivileged communities. The initiatives are not one-off initiatives, but sustainable investments in various programs, ensuring that the recipients continue to gain from our association with them.
- Enterprise Development: Supporting entrepreneurs and small/medium businesses through practices that promote long-term and sustainable enterprise development.
SEI has made significant development in key areas of BBBEE, and continues to focus on transformation at all levels in the organization.
In terms of the Department of Trade and Industry’s Code of Good Practice on Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment, SEI has been independently rated by Empowerdex as a Level 2 Contributor, with an AAA Empowerdex rating (Latest rating awarded 15 September 2014).